The Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) was enacted by Congress in 2000 to address concerns about children's access to obscene or harmful content over the Internet. As a district that receives discounts through the federal E-rate program, Lockhart ISD is subject to CIPA certification requirements that include:
- Monitoring the online activities of minors; and
- Educating minors about appropriate online behavior, including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms, and cyberbullying awareness and response.
Teacher Requirement (as assigned by campus):
- Visit the Common Sense Education E-rate and CIPA Toolkit for Teachers
- Click on the Middle School tab
- At the beginning of the school year, complete the lessons for your grade level for each of your classes
- Upon completion of these lessons, fill out the CIPA verification form attached below
Contact your school's Technology Instructional Mentor if you have questions or need help.